Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

After how many years, I treated myself to a new mixer!  With company in the house, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies and test out the mixer at the same time.  This recipe is an old favourite from a western Canadian cookbook first published in 1988.  Jean Pare has published more cookbooks than probably anyone else in Canada.  The recipes are simple, dependable and good.  I've been disappointed only a few times over many years.  Each book has its own focus.  This recipe is from her COOKIES book. The original version has nuts, but I don't include those.  Here's a picture of Jean...


1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1  1/2   cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter and brown sugar.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate.)

Stir in the dry ingredients, then add the chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment