Biscuits, Muffins and Loaves
- Buttermilk Biscuits - flaky; great with a bowl of soup
- Oatmeal Muffins - one of my favourite recipes; multiple variations
- Whole Wheat Muffins - healthy!
- Dumplings - perfect with soup or stew
- Oatmeal Muffins # 2 - tasty, reliable, quick
- Maraschino Cherry and Almond Muffins - perfect for Sunday tea!
- Banana Blueberry Muffins - a Jean Pare recipe with a twist...yum!
- Cranberry Orange Loaf - no milk, so perfect if you're lactose intolerant
- Maggie's Lemon Loaf - another "no milk" recipe
- Graham Tea Biscuits - a little different; tasty!
Brunch or Lunch
- Mushrooms on Toast - indulge!
- Mrs. McNally's Carrot Salad - make in advance; keeps well
- Christine's Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Cucumber Flower Cups - fill with dip for individual veggie & dip plates
- Jicama - a crunchy addition to a veggie tray, salad or coleslaw
- Chocolate Cake - super quick, one bowl recipe; no eggs/milk needed
- Poppy Seed Bundt Cake - one bowl recipe; 1979 Family Circle magazine
- Chocolate Chip cookies - my favourite recipe for chocolate chip cookies
- Boterkoek - a buttery, rich, shortbread-like cookie for St. Nicholas's Day
- Soft Ginger Snaps - a Christmas tradition at our house; makes a lot!!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares - no bake; only 4 ingredients; a favourite in our house
- Crepes - simple, quick dessert idea; fun to make and fill
- Crockpot Applesauce - simple for kids to make; smells heavenly!
- Sex in a Pan - great for a potluck
- Saskatoon Bread Pudding - yummy; can substitute other fruits
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread - from Jean Pare's Cookies (1988)
- Mini Meringues - fill with lemon curd or make mini Pavlova cakes.
- Rhubarb Sorbet - easy to make in an ice cream maker
- Lemon Bars - tasty little squares
- Grandma B's Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies - a classic